Pages

"Will you marry me?"

Wednesday, May 14, 2014


Well friends, I'm engaged! And I feel it calls for a blog post celebration! Woohoo hooray!! I even had the privilege of sharing it in Relief Society for the "Miracle Minute" this week, for surely it is a miracle haha - in fact, it is a whole slew of miracles wrought by the hand of our God. Oh how I thank and praise Him, our Heavenly King! 


"Now, who is this man?" you may ask. Let me introduce you if you haven't had the privilege of meeting him yet. His name is Austin Frazier. And he is the love of my life. 

I am filled with ecstatic gratitude and humble adoration as I consider the hand of our Savior in shaping Austin into the man he is today. Because of Christ, Austin is meek and always striving to improve. He is happy, grateful, and kind. Never is he disheartened by the circumstances of life, but he proactively causes things to change for the better. He is constant and steady. He is observant and thoughtful.  He is obedient and righteous. These are but a few of Austin's gifts of which I thank Father for. But above all else, he loves our Father in Heaven and our Savior.


Now, for the the proposal story:

We came home to Boulder City for two main reasons: for Austin to ask my beloved father for my hand in marriage and to play with the family. 

We had an adventurous morning with Emma, Liza, and Mom - swimming and hooliganning around. Once dad got back from work, we went on a family bike ride. We made it as far as Hemenway Park - which was indeed a feat for Emma dong seeing that she did not want to leave the house. The timing was flawless for we were able to watch the big horn sheep graze the lawn while we ate hand delivered sandwiches from mother dear.


Austin and dad were the last two to return to the house after the bike ride. Emma and I started to wonder if they had technical difficulties so we hopped on the scoot scoot to rescue them. But thankfully Heavenly Father helped me see them bike up towards the Stewarts house, around the block. The Spirit assured me that my immediate assumption that Austin was asking for my hand in marriage was correct, so, we refrained from imposing. 


Everything was perfect. All that we came to accomplish was unfolding ever so beautifully. Little did I know that Austin and Eliza were presently implementing their plans for our engagement.

While playing an evening game of Wi with the family, Austin asked if I wanted to go with him on a walk. I willingly and happily consented. 

We arrived at the pond and there we saw candle lights atop a wooden picket fence floating at the water's edge. As we got nearer, Austin innocently asked me what it was. I looked closer and saw the words "MARRY ME" spelled out in the flickering lights. It took me a second to register that it was intended for me - but once I did, I excitedly turned to him and said some sort of assent like, "Yes, of course I will!"

Though he already had my eager and heartfelt consent, Austin continued to bend down on one knee and, with my hand in his, asked, "Julia Ann Jeppsen, will you marry me?" Oh how I love and adore Austin Frazier! For all time and throughout all eternity, I will have the privilege of being at his side - thanks to the love and mercy our our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. It is because of Him and His infinite Atonement I have the precious blessing to know and love Austin, to progress and learn with him, to become and reach for our divine and glorious potential together.

I cherish and adore my family and look forward to expanding it further with the love of my life, Austin Frazier. Thanks be to God!






1 comment:

 
site design by designer blogs