Pages

Grapefruit

Sunday, March 2, 2014


Of His micromanaging hand, I so testify! The other morning, I woke up especially excited to enjoy a grapefruit for breakfast. As I started to prepare for my 8 am class, my sleeping-beauty of a roommate, Cindy, woke up. It had been three days since I last saw her and she had just had a difficult night. Father used me to stand in the place of His Son as I embraced her and talked with her. I love Cindy and am so privileged to have had the opportunity to be with her that morning. I humbly thank our God.

Because I spent my precious breakfast time with Cindy, I had no time to eat the grapefruit I so badly desired. But, Father in Heaven was ever mindful of me and my simple sacrifice. Though I gave it no further thought, He thoughtfully inspired His daughter, my labor & delivery nursing instructor - Cheryl, to bring four plump grapefruit to class. She used them as an object lesson to represent the uterus during pregnancy (appetizing, I know). After class ended, I asked if I could have one to eat and she kindly assented. Oh how kind is Our Father and King! I thank Him for being keenly aware of me, His daughter. I could not help but feel His all-encompassing love as I sat in the sun and ate the heaven-sent grapefruit.

Thanks to Their kindness and grace, I have seen the micromanaging hand of our Father in Heaven and His Son, Jesus Christ. It is They who have revealed to me Their intricate involvement. It's beautiful - the more we thank Them, the more we see. Ask, and ye shall see

Having a few minutes to spare one evening after tucking my friend into bed, I felt the voice of the Lord prompt me to open the Book of Mormon. My eyes were opened and I received a greater understanding of a verse I love.

Jacob 4:8

"Behold, great and marvelous are the works of the Lord. How unsearchable are the depths of the mysteries of him; and it is impossible that man should find out all his ways. And no man knoweth of his ways save it be revealed unto him."

I have beheld the intricate involvement of our Father in Heaven. I have seen His micromanaging hand because He has revealed it to me. This week, I have seen His hand in greater magnitude than I had the previous weeks. And as I think back, I remember having felt the Spirit direct my prayers, guiding me to ask to more clearly see Him in the details of my life. And surely He has answered. I could not see His hand if He didn't give me the eyes to see it. 


love julia

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs