Before leaving America, I asked Austin to give me a priesthood blessing. How grateful I am that Father has restore his power on earth! In the blessing, I was told that many people were crying to a Higher power for help, but thy knew not to whom they prayed. Father told me that I would have the privilege of being the answer to their prayers and through me, they would come to know the God who sent me. Though they know it not, I am who they are waiting for. I will be the answer to their prayers.
It did not take long for the promises made in my priesthood blessing to begin rolling forth. Oh how great is our God! Father so intricately micromanaged the flight arrangements so that I would sit by His beautiful daughter, Jessica.
I attempted to sleep for the first hour, but strangely I could not - though sleep deprived and tired as I was. Rather, when Jessica started to engage me in conversation, I felt energized and awake. Surely, it was the grace of Jesus that empowered me.
As we talked, I came to know and love this sweet sister of mine. I marveled at the hand of our loving Father in her life along with His perfect fulfillment of the promises made me just 12 hours previous.
The Spirit guided my words and as she asked questions to better know me, it didn't take long for her to discover my developed reliance on Jesus Christ. My openness in sharing the role of prayer in personal matters - like marrying Austin, kick started our conversation into deep and marvelous things directed by our God. Oh how I thank Him for every moment, every word, and every feeling.
When Jessica left home, she graduated college and entered the realm of power, vanity, and wealth. After years of being so deeply engulfed in the thick of thin things, she felt empty and detached. By God's intricate involvement and mercy, she was presented with the opportunity to fly out to Utah and participate in a 28 day wilderness adventure (Bear Grills training at its finest). As she described the powerful draw she felt towards such a trek, I bore witness of the Holy Ghost - ever striving to guide us home to God. She whole-heartedly agreed.
She followed the prompting and came to Utah and, in so doing, had several sacred and intimate experiences with our Heavenly Father. Though the experiences were powerful and undeniable, she knew not from whom they came. She simply testified of some great power in the universe with which she closely associated to nature. (Indeed, this was a perfect fulfillment of the blessing.)
Upon returning home to the ways of world, she felt a greater void within her soul and longed for the peace and joy she experienced while exploring the beautiful earth made by the hand of our God. In time, and through the transforming and enabling grace of our Savior, she removed herself from the awful grasps of sin. She quit her job despite the ridicule and changed.
Our conversation flowed so beautifully. Thoughts sent from above came clearly and naturally throughout the entire conversation. Scriptures, memories, and words came at the precise time they were needed. I gave her her own copy of the Book of Mormon and, with power from above, taught her the Restoration of Christ's glorious gospel. The familiar and marvelous feeling of the Spirit exuding from my very being to hers was felt as I shared with her Joseph Smith's experience in the beautiful and sacred grove.
The Spirit touched our hearts as we spoke of the Atonement and the supernal act of submissiveness to the Father's will by our Savior and Exemplar, Jesus Christ.
As I shared with her my personal experiences and testimony, I watched the Spirit work within her. Oh how sweet, how sacred! At the close of the plane ride, she kindly told me that I was an answer to many of her questions. Perhaps an answer to her unuttered prayers.
Oh how great is our Heavenly Father and His Son Jesus Christ! I am grateful for the power of the priesthood that has been restored to the earth today, for the precious gift of priesthood blessings, and the fulfillment of God's promises. While I was an answer to Jessica's prayers, she was an answer to mine. Father is quite the micromanager.
Jessica's faith has increased my faith. The intimate investment of our Father in Heaven in her life is endless! She is of infinite and eternal worth and I glorify His holy name for His matchless power that enables us to change and to become. How grateful I am to have grown closer to our Creator with my dear sister and now "Facebook friend forever" (hopefully she reads this because she may be the only one to laugh at that joke lol.)
I look forward to many more miracles to come!

No comments:
Post a Comment