Immediately, I thought of my Typhoid Fever immunization. A few weeks ago, I went to the clinic to be immunized in preparation for India. There are two forms of the vaccination: oral and injection. When presented with these options, I asked for the pills because they were $10 cheaper. In that moment, I vividly remember feeling that I should change from the oral medication and request the injection form of the immunization. But, against heavenly advice, I proceeded with the oral medication.
The pills I received require constant refrigeration and must be taken in a strict, regimented manner. Due to my busy schedule, I had to wait two weeks before I could take the pills. But eventually, I was able to successfully finish the full dosage.Early one morning, the voice of the Lord brought to my remembrance something of great importance, which could impact my health drastically. Several days ago, I came home to find the refrigerator door open. As I felt the inside of the fridge - I noted that it was room temperature. Thinking little of it, I swiftly shut the door and went about my day.
But now, I can feel Father gently reminding me of this prompting I ignored while in the clinic. In His mercy, He is helping me see why He gave me such council a few weeks ago in the clinic. Even though I was disobedient, He is graciously preserving my life by again encouraging me to receive an injection of the typhoid fever vaccination.
Thanks be to God! Oh how foolish and unresponsive was I. But I thank Him for calling once more to get my attention. Father preserved my life through and by the grace of his Beloved Son. I thank Him reverently.
No comments:
Post a Comment